Tuesday, August 21, 2012

This is a picture taken with one of our wonderful caregivers Sasha, at a clients grandnieces college graduation.  It was sent to us from her nephew with some very kind words that we would like to share with all of you. 



My aunt, who will reach her 103'rd birthday at the end of October, has been under the care of Hanson Services since 2007.  Thanks to the excellent care provided by Hanson caregivers, she continues to live in her apartment and to enjoy an excellent quality of life. 

Although my aunt has been fortunate to receive care from many excellent caregivers, I am writing to specifically commend the outstanding care which she has received from Sasha.  She has been my aunt's caregiver for a number of years and has developed a close relationship with her and it is clear to me and my family that she has developed a genuine affection for my aunt. 

More importantly, my aunt really likes Sasha, trusts her and looks forward to the times that Sasha spends with her. For a woman of her age who has survived her friends and all the family members of her generation, the close bond she has developed with Sasha is really important to the quality of her life.

Sasha has played a number of important roles in my aunts life, including:

  • Setting up medical appointments and keeping doctors informed with regard to her health status and any issues that require their attention.
  • My mom (who has also been under Hanson care for a number of years), Mae's sister, lived in the same apartment building and were extremely close.  When she passed away in March of 2011, we relied on Sasha to accompany my aunt to the funeral. To be sure, all of my Aunt's caregivers were wonderful through that difficult time, but because of the special relationship that Sasha had developed with both my aunt and with our family, her presence was especially helpful and comforting. 
  • We again relied upon Sasha to accompany my aunt to the ceremony to unveil my mom's grave stone this year in early May and to the family gathering and dinner afterwards.
  • Our daughter graduated from college on Memorial Day, 2011.  Having my aunt htere was really important to all of us, but we knew that, in addition to not having enough room in the car, we could not care for my aunt and, at the same time, participate in the graduation activities.  We asked Sasha to bring my aunt, knowing that my aunt would feel comfortable making the trip wiht her and thate there was no question that she would be in safe and caring hands.  It turned ou to be sunny, 95-degree day and, in spit of an hour drive each way and sitting outside for hours, my aunt had a wonderful time.  
These are just a few examples.  As you know, most of what Sasha and all of your caregivers do occurs "behind the scenes" and goes both unheralded and unnoticed by those of us who are not involved in the day-to-day care of our loved ones.  The fact that Sasha has been so consistently outstanding over the years...I would categorize it as the "Gold Standard" in caregiving...is remarkable and worthy of recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment